Barbecue Turkey Leg Recipe
Barbecue turkey leg recipe for grilled turkey leg with a sweet and spicy sauce. Try it and tell us what you think at the bottom of this page.
Grilled Turkey Leg Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 6)
Time: 1 3/4 Hours (requires marinating overnight)
Directions for Barbecue Turkey Leg Recipe1. Liberally season all sides of turkey legs with steak seasoning. Refrigerate overnight then rinse legs before boiling.
2. In a large pot, mix together the Squirt, sugar, hot sauce, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and onion slices. Bring to a boil. Add rinsed turkey legs and cook for 15 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the honey, molasses, and bbq sauce. Set aside for basting turkey legs while on the grill.
4. Meanwhile, preheat the grill as follows:
(325 degrees F)
Grill-safe drip pan placed anywhere inside grill
Indirect heat, medium ash, grate should be on medium setting
Split charcoal bed (about 24 coals per side)
Heavy-duty drip pan placed between the banks of coals
5. Clean and liberally oil your preheated grill. Optional: fill drip-pan with apple juice.
6. Place boiled onions over indirect heat and barbecue the turkey legs on top of the onions, covered, for 1 hour. Brush legs with honey bbq mixture every 15 minutes. The turkey legs are done when they reach an internal temperature of 170 degrees F.
More Grilled Turkey Recipes
Top of Barbecue Turkey Leg Recipe
Best Grilling Tips and Recipes Homepage