Black Bean Burgers Recipe
In this spicy black bean burgers recipe jalapenos and a cajun rub heat things up while the black beans add flavor and creaminess to your burgers. Try it and tell us what you think at the bottom of this page.
Recipe for Spicy Black Bean Burgers
Ingredients (Serves 6)
Time: Under 30 Minutes
1. Preheat the grill as follows:
Direct heat, medium-high
(425 - 450 degrees F)
Direct heat, light ash, grate should be on lowest setting
Direct heat, light ash, 3 - 4 inches deep, grate should be 2 inches above the fire
2. Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except the hamburger meat and buns. Mix in the hamburger meat. With a light touch, form into 6 patties no more than 1 inch thick.
3. Lightly cut criss-cross marks into one side of your hamburger patties. Refrigerate them until the grill is ready.
4. Clean and lightly oil grill grate. Grill bean burger patties, covered, 8 minutes total, flipping once halfway through.
5. Remove your burgers from the grill once they are at your desired level of doneness.
6. Allow them to rest a few minutes before serving to let the juices settle.
7. These spicy homemade black bean burger patties taste great topped with spinach, sweet onions, and Monterey Jack cheese.
For a gourmet burger presentation:
Serve with the recommended toppings displayed atop a corn cake instead of a bun, along with a side of our grilled zucchini infused with fresh Mexican flavors of cumin, cilantro, garlic, and lime.
More Hamburger Recipes
Non-Beef Burger Recipes
Top of Black Bean Burgers Recipe
Best Grilling Tips and Recipes Homepage