Grilled Turkey Burger Recipe
Grilled turkey burger stuffed with bacon, garlic, oregano, and feta cheese. So flavorful you could eat it all by itself. Try it and tell us what you think at the bottom of this page.
Grilled Stuffed Turkey Burger Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 6)
Time: Under 1 Hour
1. Preheat the grill as follows:
Direct heat, medium
(350 degrees F)
Direct heat, light ash, grate should be on lowest setting
Direct heat, light ash, 3 - 4 inches deep, grate should be 2 inches above the fire
2. Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except the herb feta cheese and pita pockets. Don't overmix. With a light touch, form into 12 patties no more than 1/2 inch thick.
Place equal amounts of crumbled herb feta cheese in the middle of 6 of the turkey burger patties, place remaining 6 patties on top, press together, and seal edges well. This will keep the cheese from oozing out onto your grill and making a mess during the grilling process.
3. Lightly cut criss-cross marks into one side of each of your burgers. Refrigerate them until the grill is ready.
4. Clean and lightly oil grill grate. Grill stuffed turkey burger patties, covered, 30 - 35 minutes total, flipping once halfway through.
5. Remove your burgers from the grill once they are at your desired level of doneness.
Medium done (150 degrees F, slightly pink in the middle). Well done (160 degrees F, white all the way through).
6. Allow them to rest a few minutes before serving to let the juices settle.
7. These burgers don't need a lot of toppings because they are so packed full of flavor. They are perfect topped off just with some fresh spinach leaves and extra feta cheese. Try 'em with a side of our
Italian marinated grilled vegetable kabobs.
More Grilled Turkey Burger Recipes
Other Non-Beef Burger Recipes
Tasty Grilled Hamburger Recipes
Top of Stuffed Grilled Turkey Burgers
Best Grilling Tips and Recipes Homepage