Grilled Turkey Recipes
BBQ TurkeyGrilled turkey recipes for barbecue turkey breast, grilling whole turkey on the bbq, and a grilled turkey leg recipe.
Don't miss the opportunity at the bottom of this page to submit your own favorite recipes and tips for grilling turkey!
Grilled Turkey Recipes
Once you've tried these recipes for turkey on the grill you may never cook another turkey in the oven, again. Enjoy!
BBQ turkey whole with apple, onion, and garlic seasonings.
Turkey breast on the grill with basil and cinnamon.
These BBQ turkey legs smothered in a sweet and spicy sauce make for some serious comfort food.
Gourmet grilled turkey burgers with feta cheese, low fat burgers with turkey, sage, and grated apple. Plus spicy bbq turkey burgers, and a juicy homemade ground turkey patty recipe.
Grilling Instructions for BBQ Turkey
1. The trick to tender, juicy grilled turkey recipes is to leave the skin on whether you're grilling the whole turkey, breasts, or legs.
The skin helps to keep moisture in and adds a little fat to the meat which enhances flavor. You can always remove the skin after grilling.
2. Preheat the grill as follows:
(325 - 350 degrees F)
Grill-safe drip pan placed anywhere inside grill
Indirect heat, medium ash, grate should be on medium setting
Split charcoal bed (about 24 coals per side)
3. Clean and liberally oil your preheated grill.
Place a grill-safe drip pan on the bottom of the grill under the turkey to reduce flare-ups and preserve drippings for gravies and sauces.
4. Always barbeque turkey on the grill over indirect medium heat (325 - 350 degrees F).
You want to keep the temperature as constant as possible. Don't guess, use a thermometer.
You can maintain the right temperature by checking your grill thermometer frequently, adding charcoal as necessary (after 1st hour), and adjusting the grill vents accordingly: opening them up will increase cooking temperature while closing them decreases it.
When adding coal, NEVER use unburned coal! Always pre-burn them first in a charcoal chimney.
5. Clean and liberally oil your preheated grill.
Grilling Whole Turkey
Sear all sides over flame, move to indirect heat, cover and grill 2 - 3 hours.
Grilled Turkey Breast
Indirect heat, covered, for about 1 hour.
Grilled Turkey Legs
These are great if you're on a budget because they cost 2/3 less than turkey breasts. They are tough and stringy which equals moist and full of flavor if grilled low and slow over indirect heat for about 1 hour 20 minutes.
6. Whether your grilled turkey recipe is for a whole turkey, breast, or legs, it is done when an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers about 170 degrees F.
Video for Grilling Turkey