Tropical Island Burger Recipe
Island Burger Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 4)
Time: Under 30 Minutes
Island Hamburger Grilling Instructions
1. Preheat the grill as follows:
Direct heat, medium-high
(425 - 450 degrees F)
Direct heat, light ash, grate should be on lowest setting
Direct heat, light ash, 3 - 4 inches deep, grate should be 2 inches above the fire
2. Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix together everything except the last four ingredients. Don't overmix. With a light touch, form into 8 patties no more than 1/2 inch thick.
Place 1 slice of smoked gouda cheese in the middle of 4 of the patties, place remaining 4 patties on top, press together, and seal edges well. This will keep the cheese from oozing out onto your grill and making a mess during the grilling process.
3. Lightly cut criss-cross marks into one side of your burger patties. Refrigerate them until the grill is ready.
4. Clean and lightly oil grill grate. Grill burgers, covered, 8 minutes total, flip once halfway through.
Also at halfway point, add your pineapple rings and grill with your burgers for the last 4 minutes flipping the fruit after 2 minutes.
5. Allow them to rest a few minutes before serving to let the juices settle.
6. Top burgers with the grilled pineapple and some fresh spinach. Serve with onion rolls.
More Hamburger Recipes
Non-Beef Burger Recipes
Top of Island Burger Recipe
Best Grilling Tips and Recipes Homepage