Pizza Burger Recipe
Grilled Pizza Hamburger Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 6)
Time: Under 30 Minutes
Hamburger Pizza Grilling Instructions
1. Preheat the grill as follows:
Direct heat, medium-high
(425 - 450 degrees F)
Direct heat, light ash, grate should be on lowest setting
Direct heat, light ash, 3 - 4 inches deep, grate should be 2 inches above the fire
2. Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, pizza sauce, chopped pepperoni, onions, salt and pepper. Don't overmix. With a light touch, form into 12 patties no more than 1/2 inch thick.
Place equal amounts of mozzarella cheese in the middle of 6 of the patties, place remaining 6 patties on top, press together, and seal edges well. This will keep the cheese from oozing out onto your grill and making a mess during the grilling process.
3. Lightly cut criss-cross marks into one side of your hamburger pizza patties. Refrigerate them until the grill is ready.
4. Clean and lightly oil grill grate. Grill pizza hamburger patties, covered, 8 minutes total, flipping once halfway through.
5. Remove your burgers from the grill once they are at your desired level of doneness.
6. Allow them to rest a few minutes before serving to let the juices settle.
7. These burgers don't need a lot of toppings because they are so full of flavor. They taste great topped with just lettuce and tomatoes. Try 'em with a side of our grilled portabella mushrooms.
This hamburger recipe adapts well to any of your favorite pizza toppings. Just chop 'em small and mix into the burger as directed above. Add pizza sauce as necessary to keep everything together.
More Hamburger Recipes
Non-Beef Burger Recipes
Top of Pizza Burger Recipe
Best Grilling Tips and Recipes Homepage