Salmon Burger Recipe
Easy grilled salmon burger recipe for ground and smoked salmon stuffed with cream cheese, chives, and garlic. Are you drooling yet? Try it and tell us what you think at the bottom of this page.
Grilled Smoked Salmon Burger Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 6)
Time: Under 30 Minutes
If smoked salmon is too pricey for you then skip this ingredient and up the salmon fillet to 2 pounds.
1. Preheat the grill as follows:
Direct heat, medium-high
(425 - 450 degrees F)
Direct heat, light ash, grate should be on lowest setting
Direct heat, light ash, 3 - 4 inches deep, grate should be 2 inches above the fire
2. Chop the salmon fillet by hand rather than in a food processor so that it doesn't turn to mush. It should be fine enough that it clings to itself.
In a large bowl, mix together the chopped salmon fillet, smoked salmon ends, garlic, salt, pepper, onion, chives, and the juice from two of you lemon wedges. Don't overmix. With a light touch, form into 12 patties no more than 1/2 inch thick.
Place equal amounts of herb garlic cream cheese in the middle of 6 of the salmon burger patties, place remaining 6 patties on top, press together, and seal edges well. This will keep the cheese from oozing out onto your grill and making a mess during the grilling process. Refrigerate them until the grill is ready.
3. Clean and liberally oil grill grate. Grill salmon burger patties, covered, 8 minutes total, flipping once halfway through.
4. Remove your burgers from the grill once they are at your desired level of doneness.
5. Allow them to rest a few minutes before serving to let the juices settle.
6. These smoked salmon burgers don't need a lot of toppings because they are so full of flavor. They taste great topped with just lettuce and tomatoes. Try 'em with a side of our grilled asparagus.
Delicious Veggie Burger Recipes
Grilled Turkey Burger Recipes
Alternative-Beef Burger Recipes
Tasty Grilled Hamburger Recipes
Top of Salmon Burger Recipe
Best Grilling Tips and Recipes Homepage